Wednesday 8 May 2019

Elise Design!

Hi all!
This week I'm going to be reviewing these two beautiful dresses by Australian vintage inspired design company Elise Design
Elise Design was founded in Sydney, Australia in 2004 by designer Thu Nguyen.  This label was named after her daughter Elise An Nolte.  The inspiration of her clothes comes from her love of vintage fashion and Thu's cultural background.
On the Elise Design website you can purchase shoes, accessories, tops, jackets, skirts and of course dresses. All garments are designed in Australia and are made in Vietnam.
The first dress I'm reviewing is called Eloise dress unfortunately for you this dress is now sold out on the website. I've actually owned this dress for a couple of years but have never featured it on my blog before now.  This exact dress came in three colour ways, the brown (what I'm wearing), a turquoise and a black version.
I love the 1940's style of this dress and the floral print on the brown background.
It's made out of 100% cotton and is fully-lined.  It also comes with a matching fabric belt and has a hidden back zip to get in and out of.  Some other great features in the two front pockets with the white fabric on the pockets and the neckline and the matching fabric buttons.
I'm wearing a size 14 and it fits really well on me.  I believe all garments go up to a size 16.  Just follow the fitting guide on the Elise Design website for your best fit.
Accessories Include:
Hair-flower by Daisy Jean Floral Designs
Earrings from a local boutique
Brooch by Erstwilder
Bangles from Splendette
Handbag from Word from the Bird
Shoes by Charlie Stone Shoes
The second dress I'm reviewing is called Frida bird dress.  This exact dress is still available on the Elise Design website.  There is only limited sizes left though.
 Both the fabric and the lining are made of a 100% polyester. This dress comes with it's own matching fabric belt and has a side zip to get in and out of.  I just adore the tropical style print on this dress and these colours!
Other great features in the extended Kimon type sleeves, the boat neckline and the low cross over back-line.  The only thing I found with this dress, is the sleeves do seem to slip of my shoulder on the one side, to stop this from happening, I was able to put a little pin in the back-line.  I'm wearing a size 14.
The skirt is panelled with pleated sides. I found this dress lightweight and comfortable to wear throughout the day.
Go and check out Elise Design for yourself!  If you're after something that is beautifully designed and has a vintage look to it.
Accessories Include:
Hair-scarf from an ebay seller.
Sunglasses from a local boutique
Hair-flower from Louella Deville
Bangles and earrings by Splendette
Handbag by Vendula London
Sandals by Bettie Page Shoes ordered through Nicole Jade Boutique

These photos were shoot by my supportive husband-to-be, outside our home and at the Noosa Botanical gardens.  At Maryborough and Noosa, Queensland.

Next week I'll be featuring two dresses by a Swedish vintage inspired company Miss Candyfloss

Until next time!
Miss Milla Cherry xo

No comments:

Post a Comment