Monday 5 January 2015

My Weight Loss!

Nearly two years ago now, I made the decision that I really needed to lose some weight! Because some of my clothes I couldn't fit into anymore or were getting to tight to wear, also I was somewhat unfit. Then one day I "willed" myself to see how much I actually do weigh and I wasn't happy at all with what I saw. I then made the decision to really do something about losing some weight.
Me before I started losing weight.

First I started walking around my neighborhood for (20-30 minutes) each day for quite a while, which i did end up losing a few kilo's from. Then I implemented more of a healthy diet - which consisted of eating more fruits, vegetables, salads and less breads/carbs. As well as cutting out most junk foods and takeaway foods from my diet. Doing this I ended up losing around 8 - 10 kilograms. But I still needed to lose another 10 - 12 kilograms to get to my ideal weight goal.
Another of me before my weight loss.
Then I started taking "meal replacement" diet shakes and soups, two times a day for a week on, then the next week I would eat healthy for a couple of months. Plus I also changed my exercise routine of one day I would walk briskly for 30 mins, the next day I would do weight training with my own set of dumb bells. By doing this for a while, I got down to my ideal weight. When I started my weight loss journey, I ended up losing 20 kilograms!
Here I've lost around 8 kilograms.
From losing this weight, I felt more confident and happy with myself, I also felt more healthy, fit and strong.
With my clothing that were too big for me or didn't suit my taste of style anymore I ended up selling or giving away.
 From losing the weight I now love wearing 50's/rockabilly/pinup/vintage inspired outfits!
Myself at my goal weight.
Over the last couple of months though I have put on a few kilograms, because I haven't been as strict on myself with my exercising routine and of eating a healthier diet. But I do want to start walking again and eat less junk food to lose that extra 4-5 kilograms!
Myself wearing an vintage inspired dress
I don't want to get to my heaviest weight Again!!

Until next time!
Cherrymilla xo

6 comments:

  1. Great job on getting more fit, eating healthier, and getting down to your ideal weight! Good luck with getting back on track with it. I always gain a little myself around the holidays especially Christmas! I'm sure you will be able to get back on track soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I just saw your new red gingham dress on the side bar on the right! <3 We're almost dress twins! Check it out! :) http://silvercatteaparty.blogspot.com/2014/09/third-dress-of-year-made-by-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, for your encouragement! I really appreciate it very much! xo

      Delete
  3. Congrats on losing weight! That's a great accomplishment & you should be really proud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow congrats!! That's super awesome!

    ReplyDelete