Wednesday 1 May 2019

Miss Bamboo!

Hi all!
This week I'm reviewing these two beautiful dresses by UK vintage inspired brand Miss Bamboo
All of Miss Bamboo's garments are made in the UK and in limited numbers.  This brand sells late 1940's/early 50's dresses, skirts, tops, men's shirts and some accessories.
This company also sells other well known U.S brands such as Bernie Dexter and Trashy Diva.
 The first dress I'm reviewing is called late 1940's/early 50's Lucille dress in golden floral stems. Unfortunately for you this exact same dress is now sold out on the website.  I've actually owned this dress, for around a year and a half.  I have featured it before on my blog, here is my original blog post: Golden Floral
I just love how you can style this dress many ways, with adding different accessories, shoes, etc.
Even though this exact dress is now sold out there are still a few other colour ways to choose from. For example a pale blue 50's fleck with red, black/white 50's fleck and green 50's fleck.
 This dress is made of 100% cotton and comes with a matching fabric belt.  On this day and for these photos I decided to wear one of my own belts instead.  My favorite features of this dress are the black buttons down the front and the black loop detailing on top of the pockets and up near the collar. I really love the yellow and black together, with the little floral stems on the fabric.  It's one of my favorite dresses to wear in my ever growing pinup inspired wardrobe!
Accessories Include:
Straw boater hat from Pinup Girl Clothing
Sunglasses from a local boutique
Earrings from Daisy Jean Floral
Belt from Kmart Australia
Brooch from Erstwilder 
Bangles from Splendette 
Flats from Splendless
 The second dress by Miss Bamboo I'm reviewing is the Lucinda dress - teal fleck with pink. This dress is made of 100% cotton and comes in sizes 8-18.  This exact style is still available on the website and still has some sizes to choose and purchased.  It also comes in other colour ways such as a tropical flamingo print and a high-sea print. I really do love the teal and pink together, that's why I decided to purchase this beautiful dress for myself!
  This dress has teal buttons down the front, has front pockets and comes with it's own fabric belt.  My favorite features of this dress is the button, with the pink fabric on each side of the pockets and on the double collar. I also admire the puff sleeves with the folded up pink cuffs.
Both dresses by Miss Bamboo are so comfortable to wear throughout the day.  I love that both are so unique and yet look true to the late 40's/50's style. Go and check out Miss Bamboo's website for yourself!
Accessories Include:
Hair-flower from Shazam Pinup Hairflowers
Brooch by Deer Arrow
Earrings by Daisy Jean Floral
Bangles by Splendette
Shoes by Rocket Originals
Handbag from Pinup Girl Clothing

These photos were shoot by my loving partner outside an old heritage building and in the most unique designed gardens, that is owned and cared for by a couple of lovely sisters in Maryborough, Queensland.

Next week I'll be featuring two vintage inspired dresses by an Australian company called Elise Design

Until next time!
Miss Milla Cherry xo

No comments:

Post a Comment